Thursday, November 26, 2009

It is Good to Give Thanks and Praise


Happy Thanksgiving!

.... No, I really wasn't at the beach today, but it is a good Fall picture
for the end of my day ....


Ahh ... I come to the end of this Thanksgiving Day ~ it was a good day!
Although everyday should include thoughts of thanksgiving, how good it is to have a special day to remember our abundance and to give thanks! As a Catholic, I feel so blessed that I was able to begin this Thanksgiving holiday by attending Mass this morning! I am grateful that all the parishes I know always have a special Thanksgiving Liturgy ...
I share with you the opening prayer from Mass this Thanksgiving Day.

"Father all-powerful, your gifts of love are countless and your goodness infinite. On Thanksgiving Day we come before you with gratitude for your kindness: open our hearts to concern for our
fellow men and women, so that we may share your gifts in loving service. We ask this through our
Lord Jesus Christ, your son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever
and ever. Amen"

Later on after church, breakfast, and a quick walk in the rain for me, my local community of four sisters busied ourselves preparing a feast of turkey and all the trimmings. We had another sister over to join us and had a most enjoyable Thanksgiving dinner! During our community prayer after dinner we had time to share and pray in thanksgiving for an "abundance" that has blessed our life.
So, as you think of this harvest time and of Thanksgiving, for what abundance are you most grateful?

For all that we have ... For all that we have had ... For all that we will have ...
We thank you, bountiful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment