Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Singing in the Reign!

... Singing in the reign, just singing in the reign ...
Oh, I think that is suppose to be ... Singing in the "rain" ....
But then again, maybe it can be both ways!
... What a glorious feeling I'm feeling today ....

It has been very rainy here in Portland the past few weeks. The other morning as I was walking, the sky was having a hard time deciding what it wanted to do~rain or not rain? That was the question! I was carrying my umbrella and would have it up ... and then notice I didn't need it so would put it down. As I walked along I started thinking of the classic movie 'Singin in the Rain' and of that great song that Gene Kelly made famous in the musical as he splashed around in puddles. I must admit I did start singing that song and it lifted my heart!

Lately we have been hearing a lot of difficult, sad news with the situation in Libya and the horrible reality of Japan. How I hold all those people in my heart and prayers! As I sang that song that popped into my head, I started to reflect on the notion that I was - I am - we are - always walking in the reign of God. The Kingdom (Reign) of God is here! Jesus told us, "For behold the kingdom of God is among you." (Lk 17:21)
Heaven touched earth, in and through Jesus, and THAT is Good News! God is with us in all things ...
Inspite of all the hardships, there are signs of hope and life around us as announced by the beautiful crocuses that are sprouting up ... and people reaching out to those in need ... and a person found alive in the Japanese rubble after days! There are good people doing wonderful things to make our world a better place all the time ~ bringing about the reign of God!

My nephew"s wife - the mother of three beautiful children who was looking for a way to work from home, to share her talents and to help others, just started her own business ... the AMEN Jewelry Co. As she, Lisa, shares on her website, "Amen Jewelry places a priority on giving back to the community. Ten percent of the purchase price of each item will be donated to local charitable organizations." Check out her site - share the link with others! It is "a source for unique, high-quality jewelry inspired by religious iconography". Even if you only "window shop", it is a delight to see the artistic gifts of others! Good for you Lisa! May your endeavor be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment